Employment Type: Full-Time, Permanent
The doors of opportunity have opened once again and with some very exclusive product builds planned for this year and beyond, we are naturally keen to grow our development team and the wider Sugar Rush family. We are on the look for a Backend Developer with magical powers in Laravel Software development, who can deliver a blend of technical planning and coding wizardry. Sounds like this is your bag? ..then keep reading.
As a fast paced digital agency, our reputation in Mobile App development allows us to work with some of the most innovative and exclusive clients across the UK, Ireland, and US. Each briefing to the project team brings excitement and high expectations from our clients, but our standards are higher. Naturally you’ll be working within a team environment collectively striving to a common goal. Our culture within Sugar Rush is very important to us and we believe each team member is vital to our company’s success.
- Designing highly scalable, testable code.
- Developing quality mobile and web applications.
- Analysing and maintaining existing software platforms.
- Discovering and fixing programming bugs.
The Ideal Candidate will have Knowledge and Experience of:
- Laravel and PHP projects
- AWS (EC2, S3)
- Experience with MySQL
- Git Version Control
- Experience with building restful API’s
- Experience with Linux Servers preferably CentOS
- Practical knowledge of MVC Design Patterns
- Object-Oriented Programming and Data Structure
- Knowledge of a JS Framework, preferably React / React Native
Key Skills Required:
- Effective at multi-tasking
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to work off your own initiative
- Highly driven and focused
- Strong analytical mindset
- Ability to work to tight deadlines while maintaining the highest of standards
- A self-starter
- A team player
Education and Experience:
- Degree educated to Bachelor’s Level (or equivalent) in a computing related field
- 3+ years PHP experience
- 2+ years Laravel experience
- Experience in a commercial environment
It’s not all work work, we like to have downtime!
- Flexi working hours
- Balanced Remote / Office working policy (Currently 100% remote due to Covid-19)
- Access to lots of freebies
- Discounts on tech products
- Access to discounts for loads of top brands and retailers.
- Office Pool table, table tennis & Arcade Machine
- Casual dress code
- Free weekly treat and spontaneous pizzas & donuts.
- Birthday treat filled box
- Social events outside the office (Covid Permitting)
- Onsite office parking
- Belfast City Centre office in the heart of a digital hub
- 28 days off, inclusive of public holidays
- Access to online Health & wellbeing activities
- Maternity & Paternity enhancement package
- Company pension
- Access to online training platforms
- Team away days & regular internal events (Covid Permitting)
- Full-Time Permanent
- Position Belfast Studio
- Salary DOE
- Application deadline: Friday 5th February 2021
Please enclose your CV and a Covering Letter to email@example.com outlining why you are the perfect candidate! You will be asked to provide an example of your code (Laravel) at a later stage in the recruitment process.