Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Sugar Rush Creative is expanding! We're looking for a Laravel Software Developer to join our fast-paced, award-winning digital team based in the heart of Belfast. It's a really exciting time to join Sugar Rush, we're working on a range of fantastic projects within the studio with some awesome clients. We've picked up 'App of the Year' awards for the past three years, and recently won 'UK App Agency of the Year - Small'.
Due to the growing demands of the company to deliver multiple projects to the highest standard, we will ideally fill this role with the ideal candidate as soon as possible. The successful candidate will be working on a range of existing and upcoming client projects, and collaborating closely with our current Laravel developers and team of front-end developers.
Sugar Rush is a fun, exciting place to work with an informal company culture. We offer flexi-time, an office pool table, casual dress code, plenty of social events outside the office, on-site parking and a modern office in a brilliant location. Our team consists of UX/UI designers, animators, a project manager, a digital marketer and front and back-end developers. We expect to expand our team further in the coming years to accommodate more large-scale projects in the studio.
- Developing quality mobile and web applications, often to tight deadlines
- Analysing and maintaining existing software applications
- Discovering and fixing programming bugs
- Designing highly scalable, testable code
The Ideal Candidate will have Knowledge and Experience of:
- Laravel and PHP projects
- AWS (EC2, S3)
- Experience with MySQL
- Git Version Control
- Experience with building restful API’s
- Experience with Linux Servers preferably CentOS
- Practical knowledge of MVC Design Patterns
- Object-Oriented Programming and Data Structure
- Knowledge of a JS Framework, preferably React / React Native
Key Skills Required:
- Effective at multi-tasking
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to work off your own initiative
- Highly driven and focused
- Strong analytical mindset
- Ability to work to tight deadlines while maintaining the highest of standards
- A self-starter
- A team player
Education and Experience:
- Degree educated to Bachelor’s Level (or equivalent) in a computing related field
- 3+ years PHP experience
- 2+ years Laravel experience
Please enclose your CV and a Covering Letter to email@example.com outlining why you are the perfect candidate to join our team! You will be asked to provide an example of your code (Laravel) at a later stage in the recruitment process.
Salary is dependent on experience.